Friday, June 13, 2008

Spicy Bah-Gut Teh

A friend told me he has difficulty in starting conversations with strangers...
Mmm... Me too.
They don’t teach that in school, right?

I was painfully shy then.
At parties, I would stand in a corner, hoping to blend in with the wall.
It is best that nobody speak to me, notices me, what-so-ever...

Then I thought...
What’s the use of going to parties?
Parties are for mingling with other people, getting to know more friends, etc.
Yeah, easier said than done.
I am always conscious of what other people will think of me.

Then I told myself,
H*ck! This kind of life is boring, I want to enjoy myself, so why bother what other people say?
And thus, I slowly began to open up.
I became talkative.
I began to smile more.
I volunteer to organize outings.
Soon, I become the centre of attention.
Everybody knows Fiona.

Deep down inside, I am still shy.
But if you can take a deep breath and start talking to someone,
Beautiful things will happen to you.

Works for me, and I truly hope that it will work for you too.

1 Two-cents-worths:

At 20 June, 2008 09:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah, the summary of the talk is that, don't ask closed end question liked do you like, have you.......

Use open end method, How & What......

Some easy to go into topics are : food, movie, favourite things to do, hobbies etc.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home