Friday, May 27, 2005

I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!

That is the understatement of the year,
But not for me... Heehee...

Well, I was allocated car 40.
Mmm... Car 36 was much better, but I gotta make do right?
The clutch is terrible. Complain, complain.
Anyway, I went for my warm-up session with a instructor.
He was very nice.
I was very nervous, and he knows it.
He is extra patient with me. Encouraging me along the way.
The warm-up session went without hiccups.

Then I had to wait for my tester.
We had the usual ballot and the tester and test route is being assigned.
I have got a Mr Chew and test route 1.

Okay, test route 1. No problem... I hope~~.
But Mr Chew has a very stern face.
Thump-thump-thump!! <-- That's my heart beating against my chest. Nervous all over again. "Ok, let's go in the circuit." he says.

"Erm~, Mr Chew, would you like to put on the safety belt?" I asked.

"Nevermind, in the circuit nevermind... Go! Go!"

Okay, if you said so.

"Turn into 14, do vertical parking,"
*No problem.

"Turn left 27, slope,"
I did as told. But the car did not respond as well as I would like it to.
In fact, it was jerking so badly, that I apologised to the tester, at least 3 times.
Immediately he took my checklist and mark something.
I thought, great, I am a goner now. Kana at least 10 points and I have not even go onto the road yet.
Geez, need to book another test liao.

Funny, somehow that calm my nerves a bit.
I managed the rest of the circuit courses without any hitches.
Except for the parallel parking, which he made me straighten the car.
*No problem.

"Turn right. We go outside."

We went on the road.
Thereafter come a series of left and right, plus one u-turn.
While I was trying to change lane, this white lorry sound his horn.
True, I am very close to the white line, but I have not cut into his lane yet!
Sh*t! Again, Mr Chew marked something on my checklist.

On the way back to the driving centre, the green arrow for turning right just started to flash, and I am almost touching the line.
I decided to cross it.
Had I stopped, I will be stopping AFTER the stop line.
Mr Chew marked something again.
Sigh! Sure die lah! Kana marked so many things...

We are back in the driving centre already.
Mr Chew stared at my checklist for a very long time.
I guess he is wondering why should he pass me.

"You dun drive very safe, eh? Just now the lorry horn you, then you realise you are cutting into his lane."

"Also, just now I almost thought you are going to mount the kerb. Too close!"

I merely nodded to all these.

"Is this your first attempt?" he asked.

"Nope, my second... My first test didn't go very well."

Finally he put down my score and ticked.
I SCORED 16 POINTS AND PASSED!!!!!
Phew!

"Thank you Mr Chew! Frankly speaking I am very nervous. I normally dun drive like that!"

"Okay, take this, (the checklist), go to the counter with your colour photo. You have a colour photo, right?"

"I dunno, I think so..."

"You mean you don't know whether you have photo or not? If not, there is a box there which you can take instant ones..."

Wa lau! I super blur after the test, ok??

"Thanks again, Mr Chew." I managed to say as he got out of the car.

My warm up instructor was there, and he gave me the thumbs up.
I returned the gesture.

I passed, I passed, I passed!!!
*Dancing around... holding the checklist.


Bouquet of flowers --> Especially for Mr Eng.
For he is the only instructor who bothered to fill my booklet with diagrams.
For he is stern and concerned, and never losing his patience.
Thank you and good luck!

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home