Friday, November 05, 2004

Of teeth and vagabonds

Friday again.
Normally I will have my driving lesson in the morning.
But I went to the dentist today.
No, there is nothing wrong with my teeth...
They are just going for a "once-a-year" cleansing process...
I had made the appointment a year ago, almost forgotten about it.
Anyhow, I was in the chair for less than 15 mins,
When the very handsome dentist declared that I was done already!
Geezz... That was really fast...
I felt so cheated.
Luckily I do not need fillings...
Or any of my pearlies pulled out.
And the dentist is really really handsome (and young), especially when he took off his mask!!
Mmm...

As I was waiting to make payment...
(Yup, the waiting process is much longer than the procedure on my 32 teeth!)
Saw a huaghty man, whose appointment is in the late morning.
The nurse pointed out that he has to wait till his appointed time, unless someone before him is unable to make it, then he can see the dentist earlier.
He then request that the nurse call him once the timeslot is available, to which the nurse replied that it was not the polyclinic policy to do so, and that she is quite busy and might forget.
To this, the man flared up and said that this ain't the good service the polyclinic should provide, and also threatened to make a complaint.
He also added that the nurse will only take a minute to make the phone call.
Gosh! I mean, why get so work up over such minute things??

First, dun make appointments you can't keep.
Second, if the nurse can take a minute to make the phone call, so can you.
It will also take you a minute to make the call, to see whether a timeslot is available for you or not.
Third, dun think that you are sooo English-educated that you can anyhow complain!! Humf!!

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home