Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Year Wish

2005 did not start off on a joyful note.
With the tsunami tragedy in the region,
Everybody is in a rather sombre mood.
New Year celebrations are being toned down,
Out of respect for those who had lost their lives.
One survivor in Penang said, "God has lent us lives, He has the right to take it back."
The poor woman has lost 5 of her 7 children, including her only son.
Lives seems so fragile...

My new year wish is relatively simple,
World peace.
Right, I am not some kind of beauty queen...
Not so much for man-made disasters, like bombing and fires,
But more on natural ones like earthquakes and eruptions...
Tsunamis and flash floods included.
Natural disasters are something man cannot prevent,
Sometimes difficult to avoid.
And they caused extensive damages, loss of lives.
I felt more deeply about this as compared to the 9-11 attacks.
Reason being: it occurred so much closer to home.
Which sets me to think
I shall never know for sure what is going to happen tomorrow.
Life is such.

Embrace life.
I will try.

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home