Thursday, March 16, 2006

A rough patch


Hump Ahead
Originally uploaded by fiona655.


Good things happen in threes, or does it apply to bad ones too?

First, it was my TV set. Lost its voice and sight.
I got it replaced just one month ago.
Now I have a brand new giant Sony 29” TV sitting pretty in my small living room.

Then it was my scanner.
Fungus on the glass, with no way to clean it.
Ah well, change the whole thing,
So I bought an All-in-one printer.
Now I have a brand new Epson CX-4100 sitting pretty next to my desktop.

On Sunday, it was my washing lady’s turn.
She was coughing and making a din, and yanked her hair out.
And then she decides to quit.
Well, the doc came yesterday, and replaced her tendon.
That seemed to solve the problem.

Understandable version of the above paragraph:
On Sunday, it was my washing machine’s turn.
It was making loud noises and some of the wires caught by the belt got yanked off their sockets, (in the machine, of course).
And then the machine stopped working.
Well the technician came yesterday, and replaced the leather belt that attaches the drum to the motor.
That seemed to solve the problem, but I am S$115.50 poorer, and no hot water to wash clothes. (The unrepairable wires being yanked out are apparently being connected to the themostat.)

I should have good luck from now on.
Three bad things has already happened…
*Close my eyes tightly and prayed very hard.

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home