Tuesday, November 01, 2005

We are not gracious at all...

Oh golly!! (Hee, I picked this up while watching a really old movie.)
Did I write that?
I mean, did I wrote that we are not gracious at all?

WE ARE NOT GRACIOUS.
Yes, me included.

In response to my previous blog entry,
Iceman wrote,
"XiaXue wrote that the handicap loos - bigger and equipped with a sink - were not just for the disabled people. Able-bodied can use it too. She also critized a diabled person for scolding a able-bodied person for using the handcapped loo."

Yeah, actually I knew what XX did.
Whatever she did, golly, she appeared in the papers again!

It goes to show just how different people's reactions are.
XX lost 2 out of 3 of her endorsements, just because she said it's ok to use a toilet meant for the disabled.
Well, I think so too, as long as there is no disabled people waiting to use the loo at that time.
Why, they can't wait a little while, just like everybody else?

The toilets are one thing.
The wide gates in the MRT stations are another.
How many times have an able-bodied person pass thru using that wide gate?
No wheelchairs, no baby prams, no luggage, no heavy parcels...
If I were to collect 10 cents per able-bodied person, I'd be a millionaire by now.

Once, I actually saw a lady pushing a baby pram,
Waiting to exit from the station, using the wide gate.
And there were streams of people, normal people, just passing thru the gate from the other side, like she was transparent.
And the staff in the control room just looked on...

Geez... And I tot the wide gate is meant for disabled people in wheelchairs, people with baby prams, people with luggage, etc...
So, in the same logic, if it is ok to abuse the use of the wide gate in the MRT stations, it should be ok to use the toilet meant for the disabled, right?

Yesterday, I had the satisfaction of slamming the lift door on one of my neighbour's face.
Wah, shiok, eh!!!
Wahahahaha!!
I don't like this neighbour.

Once I saw him coming towards the lift, so I hold the lift door open for him.
He entered the lift, press the button for his floor, and proceed to stand at the other corner, and start to stare at the display at the top of the door.
So I entered, the door almost slamming me, (Blast those automatic lifts...)
And press the button for my floor and the 'door close' button.

When the lift door opens at his floor, I again hold the lift door open for him.
He stepped out, without a sidewards glance.

Hell, I am not some kind of elevator boy!!
Even elevator boys get tips!!!
I owe him one, eh??
Geez...

And they say we are not gracious... Blah!

While the author thinks that it is ok to use the facilities meant for special people,
She maintains that they should only be used when the special people does not need it at that time.
She, however, seldom, almost never, use these special facilities, unless absolutely necessary.
And she still holds the lift door open for her other neighbours, and if they nod or say thanks, she would smile back in return and make small talk.

4 Two-cents-worths:

At 02 November, 2005 08:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHY ASKED THE QUESTION WHEN YOU KNOW THE ANSWER??????? wu leow

 
At 03 November, 2005 08:57, Blogger Fiona said...

HOW ELSE CAN I GET A COMMENT OUT OF YOU?

Actually, what I really dun understand are the people's reactions to XX's comments.

I still dun. NVM, I am not a big fan of hers anyway...

 
At 03 November, 2005 09:30, Blogger Bryan said...

i dont have any guilt using a handicaped toilet they are quit spacious. Gee m'am what reel did'ya watch to get that line?

 
At 01 December, 2005 13:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

handicapped toilets are spacious for a reason, wheelchairs e.g. they're not spacious for the comfort of able bodied people. why the need to use handicapped toilets when normal toilets are available?

this happens at my workplace all the time, toilets are not full but sometimes i find the handicapped toilet occupied when i need it badly (i'm partially disabled). how would you feel if you're the one in need?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home