Sunday, November 27, 2005

Printer's acting up!

Had a lousy week at the office.
Been running around (site visits),
And working rather late, because of a techincal problem that refuses to go away.
Okay, it's Sunday, so no discussion of work...

Friday night was the company's dinner and dance,
Or rather, dinner and getting drunk?
There was no dancing...
Only eating and chatting, plus a few getting tipsy after all that beer and cheap wine, and going around asking other people to be like them.
One colleague was so drunk that he went on stage to give a personal dance item, and try to steal the spotlight from the emcee!!
Well, that actually up the entertainment quotient of a, otherwise, dull evening.
The programme was so-so, the emcee wasn't that good, (That's what I think)
But I had been a committee member before, so I understand how it works.
Imagine, trying to get everybody what they want, on a shoe-string budget...

Did some printing for my beads inventory,
(Yes, I do keep an inventory of my supplies, to keep track of my spendings.)
Printer is acting up again.
Yeah, my 2.5 year old epson photo printer will soon be calling it quits.
It is now protesting with gaps and lines in my printouts,
No matter how I clean the nozzle (or whatever that process is called).
Behave now, you stupid printhead!


The author is now trying very hard to nurse the printer back to health, hopefully not at the expense of more ink cartridges.
Her 5 year old scanner has fungus on the glass, so the scans are not as sharp.
So, besides "Fiona's buy-a-car" fund, she is looking into setting up a "Fiona's buy-a-all-in-one-printer" fund, to replace her ailing printer and scanner.
Please kindly lend your support!

1 Two-cents-worths:

At 28 November, 2005 14:21, Blogger Bryan said...

"Her 5 year old scanner has fungus on the glass"

that has to be an interesting story

 

Post a Comment

<< Home