Saturday, October 01, 2005

Hectic Week

I must be getting old.
Previous visits to the worksite does not affect me much.
It does now… Very painfully…

One of the perks for working many years in the same company is the accumulation of leave.
I have worked for many years in the same company, and I am entitled to 21 days of leave.
I still have more than half that number of days to clear.
So, listen up, I will be working on a four-day week from now till the end of the year.
And you ain’t going to stop me!

The advantages for being a girl, is the ability to skim through the newspapers for sales and offers.
The girls in the office are so excited this week, because great sales are happening in most of the major departmental stores.
Hence, after-office hours are never dull anymore.

I had a hectic week at work.
Hectic because I am hardly at my desk the whole time.
People calling my extension must be getting fed-up, because the calls are answered by a machine,
Asking them to either hang up, or leave a message.

"Your call is important to us, please leave a message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible…"

Hehe, the wait begins after you have left a message, not knowing when the other party will call you back.
And they always return the call when you happened to have left your desk.
Then they leave a message on your phone.

"Arr, I am returning your call, please call me at XXX."

Funny. Happens all the time.

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home