Sunday, October 30, 2005

Faulty faucet

The tap in my nose is broken.
(Sniff! Sniff!)
And it has been dripping mucus ever since yesterday morning.
(Sniff! Sniff!)
D*mn! I am seriously wasting precious water here.
Which reminds me, gotta drink some more, else I will get dehydrated.

(Gulp! Gulp!)
Ok. Feel better today.
With all the bird flu and whatever flu going around...
I dun want to talk about it.
Scary, isn't it?
If diseases are not enough, natural calamities too has been unleashed around the Asian region.
Maybe Mother Nature thinks that there are too many humans and animals in the world,
It is time to wipe out some weaker ones...
Is the world really coming to an end?
Worse, terrorists are also lending a hand.

(Sniff! Sniff! Stupid nose!)
I must have caught the bug from FM.
I took his car on Friday evening, when we are suppose to attend a Dinner and Dance.
And he wasn't feeling very well then.
But anyway, the D & D is been organised by the Navy Logistics Organisation (or something like that), NLO for short.
I was bored, being seated at the table full of bosses...
My only consolation is that Harry was also present...
And I was seated next to his boss!!

The food was served s-l-o-w-l-y...
(Reason: There was a 'superstar' karaoke-like singing competition going on, and they dun want the audience to get distracted.)
So, what happens was, the first two courses of cold dish and 'shark-fin' soup were served,
Then it was three 'Anybody-can-sing-better-than-them' contestants, singing their hearts (and guts) out.
Ok, I was not trying to be rude...
BUT I WAS HUNGRY!!
(Sniff! Sniff! Get tissue, quick!)
And when I am hungry, I can't concentrate very well.
What's more, our table was directly in front of that pesky loudspeaker!
Eeewww!!! The sound system was horrible.
There were occasional feedbacks from the microphone...
Minus marks! Minus marks!

The emcee saved the night.
He was very funny, poking fun and almost everybody who was been 'forced' up the stage.
He told a girl on stage, in a fake Indian accent,
"My mother called me from India, she asked me why I wasn't married.
So I asked her what kind of girl she like.
My gosh! (Pause.) She described an angel from heaven... You!!"

Man, that was like the sweetest thing...
Of course, everybody laughed.
Did I mention that the emcee was also proficient in Chinese, Hokkien and Malay?
The only language he can't speak was Tamil.
Considering that he was a Mr. XXX Singh. (Sorry, I forgot his name.)
That was probably an act.
(Sniff! Sniff!)

The rest of the food then came promptly,
Time check, almost 9:30pm already.
Three more contestants, grand lucky draw, and prize presentation for the winner.
So many activities, so little time.
(The programme should end at 11pm.)

Well, what's next are the boring details of the judges' comments on the contestants,
Bad jokes from the emcee, prize presentation, jokes from the emcee,
Lucky draw, more bad jokes from the emcee.
The whole thing is over at 11:15pm.

In case you are wondering, no, I did not meet anyone there.
There were mostly old men and young punks.
Strictly not my taste...
(Sniff!)

What is this news about XiaXue losing her endorsements, because of some comments she made about toilets?
What has hair and nails gotta do with the toilets?

Geez, I am almost afraid to post anything here already,
I won't know when my head will be chopped off!

1 Two-cents-worths:

At 31 October, 2005 09:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

XiaXue wrote that the handicap loos - bigger an equipped with a sink - were not just for the disabled people. Able-bodied can use it too. She also critized a diable person for scolding a able-bodied person for using the handcapped loo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home