Sunday, October 02, 2005

Anti-virus


I have just finished un-installing my "3-month only" anti-virus software that comes with my Bao-bei,
And installing a brand new 1 year OEM version.

Phew! Lucky for me, it only took less than half an hour.
I should count my lucky stars, I have broadband.
Everything has to be done online.

Registration, online.
Activation, online.
Download updates, online.
Download latest virus definitions, online.

If I am still using the dial-up plan, I won't be blogging right now.
I would still be seated in front of my Bao-bei,
Drumming my fingers on the table,
Waiting for the downloads to be complete.
It would take hours...

Where have all the floppies gone??
My Bao-bei dun even come with a floppy disk drive,
So let's not ask whether is a 5.25" one, or a 3.5" one.
Ask any tech-savvy 3-year-old kids out there,
And they will only recognise the good ol' cd-rom disc.

"Mommy, I want Barney!"

I heard a kid, clutching a cd-rom package, yelling at the top of his lungs, towards the direction of his mommy.

It's kinda ironic, right?
I mean, during our time is already bad enough...

Teacher: "Children, where do eggs come from?"
Smart Alec: "Supermarket!"

Gosh! Because we grew up in the concrete jungle, kampong life is seldom heard of.
Food is ready packed and available on shelves.
I am such an end-product. I can't even name all the vegetables properly, without help.

Kids now probably doesn't know what marbles, four or five stones, zero-point are.
All their childhood games are contained within the thin round plastic disc, which you insert in a machine.
They are probably playing marbles and five stones using the tiny little thingy call mouse.
And their childhood friends probably only existed online.

Click, click, click... I win!!

1 Two-cents-worths:

At 03 October, 2005 13:27, Blogger Bryan said...

yes it is sad that the younger generation*i know im 17 but im talking about gen w as its known in the states* Is growing up in a more kid tech world. Hell ive noticed that in my brother who prefers online games with ppl he will never meet to his real life friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home