Monday, September 12, 2005

What has this world become?

Do you know...
That Cinderella Man is a movie about boxing?
Aiyoh! Why has fairy tales suddenly become so violent?


I bought The New Paper on Saturday afternoon.
I had to ask the cashier manning the register in 7-eleven, how much the papers cost.
Hey, not that I do not read the papers, but I just do not buy extra papers like the new paper.

"70 cents," came the reply.

"I am sorry, I seldom buy this paper, if not because of the murder case..." I mumbled.

"Ya lor, the papers are selling hot because of it, I heard it is a chinese woman again," the cashier said.

I smiled, paid for the papers and went home. Now to rewind a bit.

Friday afternoon. I was on leave.
I didn't hear anything till I reached home and switched on the TV news.
There it was, a body parts murder case.
"Oh no! Another one?" was my first reaction.
The head and limbs were found on the busy street of Orchard Road.
The torso was found near Lornie Road.

Ok, I am a biology student. I also watched CSI and detective serials.
But those are NOT real. This is.
A living thing. A healthy 26-year-old woman. Now in 6 parts. Eewww...
And people can still stand around under the hot sun, licking ice-cream, like watching real-life CSI Singapore.

Of course, now that we know that the deceased was a Filipino, and the suspect is also a Filipino.
But what is the motive?
Some say it's because of money.
If not, because of boyfriend.
Har? Tot the both of them are married with kids?
Oh neh-mind.
Actually, I also quite kay-poh, else I wouldn't have bought the afternoon paper.


Either the world is getting worse, or the news are getting better.

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home