Friday, July 15, 2005

Promotion

Not milk powder, silly.
Me. I am promoted to Engineer.
It's offficial, I received the letter today.
After 12 long years, finally, a diploma holder like me reached the ranks of entry level degree holders.
And I have a huge, big, enormous increment of
:
:
:
:
6%.
That's not all. I had 3 days of my leave cut as well.
Sad, but true. I should have made a lot more noise when my boss handed me the letter.
The increment is not enough to even cover my laptop instalment...
Haiz~~ Just don't ask.
Boo-hoo... So Daddy's girl is running back to her daddy again.
Daddy, your sponsorship still stands, hor?

Looking back, think I had quite a rotten year.
Work is not smooth-sailing...
I banged up a car during my first driving test...
Now, I get lesser increment than other people in previous years.
Just my luck.

Moving on to other things.
The hottest commodity in the market now is peanuts.
Everybody is talking about peanuts.
Peanuts, peanuts, peanuts...
Some even made comparisons between peanuts and sesame.
Geez, money really makes the world go round.
Even the little ol' me is complaining increment no enough, how?
Seems like everyone has a secret god in their hearts, money.
Everything seems to be about money.
Right, we can't jolly well go back in time and use stones as currency, right?
They will be too heavy to fit in my nice thin leather purse.
Don't know what I am talking about? Me too. Neh-mind.

Back to the major event today, my promotion.
Dear Gor called me this morning to congratulate me...
He said, "You are an engineer now, eh, cannot ti gong ti siao anymore."
What does he mean by that??
I act blur all the time??
*Pout! I do not!
Ohhh~~~ Shoot!
Even with only 6%, and 3 days less leave, I will still do my best not to let my boss down.
(Wah, so noble, real or not??)
Wahahahahahahaha!!!

Anyway, congratulations to Gor and KT.
They are also promoted too.
Well done!!

1 Two-cents-worths:

At 18 July, 2005 10:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation !!! Finally after all these yearssss of hard works....after losing so much sleep..you finally got it....You truely deserve the promotion....and also many other people just like you but dun have the luck. Getting promoted in your company is like Minister Khaw calling you to be the CEO of NKF........Not taking the credit away from credit, you desrve it...
Once again, Congratulation..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home