Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My first movie date

He was waiting at the bus stop.
We were supposed to meet up at the interchange.
But he was already sitting there, at the bus stop across the street, waiting.
We waited for the next bus that will take us to the interchange.
Then we will catch another bus to the cinema.
We decided on the bus ride, not train ride, as we were sure to get seats on the bus.
Plus the journey is probably a bit longer.
We still have some time before the show starts.

The journey in the bus was quite uneventful.
We talked about work.
His work, my work... Safe stuff.

In the blink of an eye, we reached the cinema.
He went to get the tickets.
I bought drinks.
We went in, and looked for our seats.
Trailers were on... Dunno what movies.
We sat down.

The lights dimmed.
I was more conscious of him beside me, than what was showing on the big screen.
I don't even remember what movie was on.
All his little movements, the way he positioned his arms on the arm rest,
(We were not touching.)
His breathing, steadily drawing in breath,
His chest was moving up and down in tune with his breathing,
His eyes were actually trained on the big screen, reflection can be seen on his glasses,
His legs, clad in jeans, were open, but not widely, and later,
How he tried to stretch his legs while not hitting the seat in front.

We shared the drink.
That was the only thing I distinctly remember.
Drinking Coke.
I hate Coke.
And the cinema smelled like popcorn, soiled carpet and cheap perfume.
The air-con. It was freezing... I was rubbing my bare arms.
He said, "Cold?"
I just nodded and smiled.
He smiled back.
I was half-expecting him to put his arms around my shoulders, but he didn't.

All too soon, the lights came on again.
I was a little dazed, not really accustomed to the sudden lights.
He asked, "Hungry? Ready to go?"
I nodded. He got up and gestured me to the edge of the rows of seats.
My legs were numb from sitting for so long, so I was a bit unsteady when I reached the stairs.
Besides, I wasn't seeing very well, because of the lights, or lack of it.
Suddenly, I felt his big hand behind my small back, guiding me down the stairs.
I felt a hot gush from the spot his hand laid on my back.

We then make our way to a fast food restaurant.
I was hungry, very hungry.
In fact, my stomach was growling so much, I think he must have heard it.
It was so embarrassing.
He ordered; He asked me what I wanted, I replied anything, but no coke... Haha...
I only remembered munching the food, and discussing about the movie.
Between bites, I only managed, "Har, izzit?", "Ya lor, very funny, hor...", "Really? I didn't catch it..."
Of course I didn't catch it, I was too busy noticing him!!

He saw me home to my door.
I didn't invite him in. Why?
1. Dad was sleeping in the living room.
2. On a first date??!? Nevermind.

We said our goodbyes and he stood in the corridor waiting for me to lock the door.
Later, he called me from the bus-stop to wish me good night.
Owwww~~~ So sweet.

I was so happy as I smiled myself to sleep that night.

1 Two-cents-worths:

At 29 July, 2005 09:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Dating !!!
XiaoDingDang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home