Thursday, June 02, 2005

Double happiness

Happiness one:
Dad showed me a picture of an iPod.
'What is this?' he asked.
I told him it was an MP3 player.

'It is not one of your poke-poke things?' he asked, referring to my PDA.
I explained to him that the iPod is a pure music player only...
Nothing like my PDA. Besides, a PDA will not cost only $129!
He thought of buying it for me as my birthday present.

'Oh, then I dun want the iPod, I really want a new laptop to replace the computer!' I cried.
And proceed to 'promote' the laptop model I have been eyeing.

'Can you sponsor me some percentage?' I asked.

'Ok, half,'

Hurray! Dad is going to pay for half of my new laptop.

Happiness two:
We went for testing at STS.
The place was so big that the nearest toilet is some distance away from the test lab.

High tide.
When you gotta go, you gotta go.
Cat kept bugging me to drive them to the toilet, now that I already have the license...
I kept saying no.
In the end, Harry drove, but only halfway...
He decided to get down the van and leave me to take over.
Both of them kept egging me on...
(Cat would make a very good reverse sensor. Hahaha!)

Alrite, I gamely took over.
I dun know how I managed, but I did get them to the toilet and back safe and sound, the van included.
I heave a sigh of relief when I finally parked the van.

Had my first drive as a qualified driver today,
In a medium-capacity van.
And my first passengers are Harry and Cat.

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home