Thursday, June 02, 2005

Age of innocence

I was waiting for the bus.
This precocious little boy, think about 4/5 years old,
Was also waiting for the bus with his mother.

‘What’s that sound?’ he asked,
In perfect English, peering curiously at the direction of a waiting taxi with its diesel engine purring away noisily.

Well, Mum said something, end of question.

Then he went running around the bus stop…

‘Ma, I can see the moon! Over here!’ He cried, pointing at the sky.

Mum said, ‘Where?’

‘Here,’ came the reply.

I remember the last time I was ‘this’ excited about the moon.

‘Pa, how come I can see the moon, when the sun has already come out?’ I asked.

‘Aiyoh! Don’t ask so much, eat your breakfast,’

.........

On the bus, the boy can actually recite the sequence of the MRT stations…

‘Braddell, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio…’

And I dun even bother to find out which station comes after Yishun…

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home