Friday, December 24, 2004

Crystals, jade and stones

Driving lesson yesterday morning.
I was sending sms(es) for help.
I know that I have to undergo the same assessment as on Monday.
A well-meaning colleague actually suggested that I pick up a stone along the way,
And placed it in my pocket for the test.
I chosed a piece of jade jewellery that morning.
Jade is supposed to have calming effect on the wearer...
But I am still nervous, my stomach is all cramped up.
My palms are all sweaty, and my legs are like jelly.
Anyway, what happens next is like a blur...
I remembered doing all the circuit courses...
This time I can parallel-park the car straight, without corrective action!
The instructor is "happy" with my performance.
Read: He didn't say anything...

Next we went on the road.
I have a minor hiccup at one of the bends, but I managed to recover from it.
The instructor again did not say anything.
Read: Maybe he is too shocked.

Later, he asked me to pull over along the side of the road.
When we have stopped, he started asking sternly,
"Do you know what you have done?"
I was shocked.
Did I make a mistake so serious that he had to ask me to stop the car and "lecture" me?
I shake my head sideways vigourously, and broke into cold sweat.
"You finished the assessment already." 8-
"Okay lah. Got minor mistakes here and there,"
He continued. "Your driving quite steady what."
And he proceeded to go through my mistakes one by one.
Guess what! I passed the assessment, with 14 points.
(Passing mark is not more 18 points.)

I think the jade really works!
Gotta remember to wear the same piece of jewellery for the TP test!

In the spirit of the holidays,
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home