Monday, December 20, 2004

Bundles of joy and nerves

Last Friday.
Went to the hospital to visit a colleague's newborn baby.
The new father is so proud of his bundle of joy.
Everybody couldn't keep their eyes off the baby...
Soooo cute!
Somehow, feels peaceful and happy to see a new life-form join us in this universe.
Motherly instincts kicks in.
That little life-form feels like dough in your hands.
They keep asking me to carry him. (That's right, it's a boy!)
I keep saying, no!
Man! A klutz like me may drop the baby...
Better not take the chance.

Driving lesson today.
I was a bundle of nerves...
I "performed" all sorts of tricks,
Mount kerbs, strike poles, stall engine...
... Just couldn't concentrate at all.
I FAIL THE TEST!
Luckily this is not the traffic police test.
Oooh! I am so angry at myself...
This is actually my standard, considering the nervousness during the actual test.
* Take a deep breath.*
I shall do better on Thursday.
I have to do better on Thursday.
I WILL do better on Thursday!
Promise!

~~~ One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~~~ Helen Keller

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home