Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Taxi Ride

This episode is so amusing that I just have to write about it.

Company dinner last Friday at the Spore Orchid Country Club.
I was "chosen" to mann the registration counter,
Hence was let off early from work to do a "makeover".
Wahaha!! Of course, I am no knock-out.
So stop asking.

Flag down a taxi at the foot of my flat.
I got in and the following conversation ensue:
(in mandarian, translated here for ease of typing)

Taxi Driver: "Hello, go where?"
Me: "Thank you, Uncle. Orchid Country Club."

Taxi: "Yishun one eh?"
Me: "Yes, please."
(How many Orchid Country Clubs are there in Spore??)

A few minutes later.
Taxi: "You not local?"
Me: "No, I was born here, singaporean."

Taxi: "Go to OCC to play golf, eh?"
(Mind you, I was wearing a knee-length skirt and 3/4 sleeve blouse. Look nothing like golf gear.)
Me: "No, tonite got company dinner."

Taxi: "Wah! You got high blood pressure izzit? Your face very red when you talk lei."
Me: ??? "Eh?"

Taxi: "You got see doctor or not?"
Me: "No, but my check-ups are ok."

The taxi driver proceeded to ask about my schools, from primary to tertiary.
Taxi: "Your smile very sweet lei. Got children already?"
Me: "No."

Taxi: "No children? Are you married?"
Me: "No, nobody wants to marry me."

Taxi: "Your husband dun want to marry you izzit?"
Me: "....." (If I am not married, how can that guy be my husband??? Tsk! Tsk!)
** Was thinking to myself, h*ll, it's none of your business...

Taxi: "So your boyfriend is not coming with you tonite?"
Me: "Oh, he is very busy. Besides we are in different companies."
** Okay, I lied. So what?

Reached OCC at last. End of conversation. Phew!

0 Two-cents-worths:

Post a Comment

<< Home